Arrange the lettuce on a plate. In a large bowl mix the together the crabmeat, carrots, cucumber, mushrooms and spring onions.
To prepare the dressing: place all the ingredients into a screw-topped jar. Shake well.
Pour the dressing over the crab salad and mix well. Spoon onto the bed of lettuce and serve with hot bread.
• 225g (8oz) white crabmeat, fresh or defrosted
• half an iceberg lettuce, shredded
• 2 carrots, grated
• half a cucumber, sliced
• 75g (3oz) button mushrooms, quartered
• 2 spring onions, sliced
• 3 x 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
• 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sesame oil
• 2 x 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
• 1.25cm (half an inch) piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped