Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F, Gas Mark 5
Melt the butter or margarine in a pan and cook the onion, bacon and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the rice, sweetcorn, thyme and seasoning.
Place the fillets onto a board, skinned side up, spoon the filling equally over the fillets and fold in half.
Place the fish in an ovenproof dish, spoon over any remaining filling and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes and serve with a salad or baked potato.
• 4 x 170g (6oz) lemon sole or plaice fillets, skinned
• 30g (1oz) butter or margarine
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2-3 rashers bacon, chopped
• 115g (4oz) mushrooms, chopped
• 55g (2oz) long grain rice, cooked
• 55g (2oz) sweetcorn
• 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) fresh chopped thyme
• salt and black pepper
• dash lemon juice